Week 1

It's been 5 days since the renovations started. This projects projected end date as of today is July 21st. That's 5 months of living through a renovation. We must be crazy, but it's happening! 

So far we have torn out the entire kitchen, and the summer kitchen (addition on the side of the house), the back rooms (2 additions) are also in the process of getting ripped apart. Thankfully we found no asbestos when we ran our test, and so far, we haven't found anything that we weren't expecting to find. 

We are currently living on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the house, which has been challenging with 2 cats. There's a plastic barrier between the floors, but it still feels like I'm slowly becoming one with the dry wall dust. This so far has been the biggest annoyance, other than making sure the cats use their litter boxes and not breaking the plastic barrier. 

The next steps are to build the foundation for the new addition. We've chosen to go with a techno-post solution, rather than dig a full foundation. This will help save on some costs, but mostly time. Once the post foundation is ready, they'll begin taking down the exterior wall of the house to build the addition. This is still a few weeks out, thankfully (there's still time to mentally prepare)!  

Here are some pictures of the progress so far: 

A before of the Kitchen


Stay tuned for an update next week!