This weekend in Ottawa was the Annual Wine & Food Show at the Ottawa Convention Centre. I had the pleasure of attending on the Saturday which proved to be busy as the rumors said!
Got there early on Saturday, it was around 2pm and the line was already starting to form. It didn't take long to get in, which was great!
The smell of food drew us into the main room and it only took a few minutes to get our first few drinks! It didn't take long after that to get some food and I think my favorite was Petit Bill's slider! It was just excellent, the best part was the gorgonzola cheese. The Clocktower had some great sweet potato fries as well, but let's get to the drinks!
My first was a Yellow Tail sparkling wine. Following that I sampled a number of different beers, white wines, whiskey, rum, sangria, tequilla, prosecco, and repeat! It was never ending!
Here are my do's and don'ts:
- get there early
- get two sheets of sampling tickets right away
- wear flats - I was very thankful for that advice, but of you're only going to be there for a few hours, you'll be fine
- pace yourself - there's lots to see and try
- have fun
- be the person escorted out by the police - goes along with the pace yourself
- get separated - it happens but it's a pain to find each other. My cell reception was spotty but I always ended up finding my groups
Some of the lovely ladies I had the pleasure of sampling with
If you have any tips, suggestions or stories, add them to the comments.
Happy wining and dining!
Full article →